The last of my trio of desserts!
Lemon Posset – one of the easiest lemon desserts which sounds quite fancy! Its a three ingredient delicious and elegant make ahead dessert. It stays well in the fridge for several days! If you prefer it less tangy just use two or three lemons instead of four.
I’ve garnished with a mixed fruit coulis and chopped hazelnuts but you could use anything you fancy – whipped cream, only nuts, grated chocolate, fresh fruits…anything to add a bit of colour and texture would work well. This also works really well paired with a shortbread.
- Makes: 24 mini dessert glasses or shot glasses
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1200ml double cream
- 280g golden caster sugar
- 4 large lemons (zest and juice)
Mixed Fruit coulis
- 2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add the double cream and sugar to a large saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat stirring regularly
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes after it comes to a boil
- Take it off the heat and add the zest and juice and whisk well
- Pour into the glasses and let it cool
- Cover and place in the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight
- Make the coulis by placing the fruit in a saucepan with the caster sugar and lemon juice and cooking for 5 minutes till the fruit breaks down and releases all the juices. Add water to get the consistency you like adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Let the coulis cook down (it will thicken as it cools)
- Spoon the coulis over the chilled lemon posset and sprinkle with chopped nuts just before serving