My first experiment with a vegan dessert and I loved it!! This was my favourite from the trio of desserts that I made for the weekend.
Secret ingredient – Avacado! Just make sure they are ripe!!
I asked all the guests who tried this mousse to guess the secret ingredient and except for one guest nobody could!!
Its such a rich, creamy dessert and quite healthy too! You could make it as sweet as you like but I personally love the taste of dark chocolate so I just added a wee bit of sweetener.
I’ve garnished it with grated dark chocolate but you could use fruits (berries would work quite well) or nuts or shredded coconut!
- Makes: 24 mini dessert portions
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 400g dark dairy free chocolate
- 1/2 cup 3/4 cup almond milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Grated chocolate (to garnish)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler
- Scoop out the avocado flesh in a blender or food processor and add the melted chocolate and blend until smooth whilst adding the almond milk
- Keep blending until you get a smooth, very creamy texture
- Add the maple syrup and keep pulsing. Add one tablespoon at a time and keep tasting till you get the sweetness that you like
- Pour the mix into a piping bag and pipe into the glasses and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight
- Garnish with chocolate shavings just before serving