These gorgeous Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are always a hit both with adults and children. These were one of my trio of desserts at the weekend Diwali party and I’m not surprised they were the most popular!
Mini desserts are amazing for entertaining….they help satisfy your sweet cravings without the guilt! And if you are one of the lucky ones that can get away with eating anything…well you can always have lots of minis! So its a win win for everyone!
One of the key ingredients in this recipe to get the depth of flavour is sour cream! I’ve experimented in the past with lemon juice but for me that doesn’t work as well as sour cream! And if you whip the cream well and fold it in gently into the cream mix without letting too much air out you will get this heavenly, creamy, melt in the mouth texture!
- Makes 24 mini dessert portions
- Difficulty: Easy
- 24 Oreos
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 500g cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 275g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 550ml double cream
- 10 Oreo cookies roughly crushed
- 6 Oreo cookies crushed
- Place the 24 Oreos in a food processor and pulse till you get fine crumbs. Remove in a large bowl and add the melted butter and mix well
- Place 2 teaspoons of this Oreo-butter mix into each mini dessert glass/shot glass
- Tap it down gently with the rounded end of a spoon or something which has a small flat surface to enable you to press down the crumbs
- Put the glasses in the fridge to set while you prepare your cheesecake mix
- Beat together cream cheese and icing sugar until soft and well combined. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract
- Pour the double cream in another bowl and whip it till you get soft peaks
- Fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix. Make sure its well combined but don’t over mix to let all the air out
- Gently fold in the roughly crushed Oreos
- Pour the cheese cake mix into a piping bag and pipe the mix into each glass to fill about 80% of the glass capacity
- Top with the crushed Oreos and keep covered in the fridge till ready to serve